Mom note: due to the holiday, Hermana DeBuck and her whole mission had their P-day moved to Tuesday, May 26th. We got a note from the mission secretary to let us know not to be worried when we didn't get a letter yesterday.
1) What did you do different with P-day moved to Tuesday?
2) How often do you have conferences? District? Zone? Mission? Sisters'?
3) Are conferences always on Mondays? Or do they always readjust P-days?
4) How are you doing with the tri-panionship still?
5) Do you ever hear from past compañeras?
1. Nothing, really. I mean, having P-day on Tuesday in this area isn't particularly fun because we have a dinner appointment every Tuesday at 6 and then we have MCM at 7 or 7:30. So we have literally zero time to work when P-day is on Tuesday. But other than that, everything is pretty much the same.
2. We have zone meetings every month, and every three months we'll have zone conference (the difference is zone conference is longer). We have district meetings every week on Wednesday. Mission conferences don't have a schedule. It's just whenever President wants to have them. In our mission, we have mission conferences more frequently than other missions, partly because we're all pretty close to the mission home/center, partly because President likes giving us more training so he interprets that part of his calling widely (he said so himself). Sisters conference is kind of the same thing. Under President Fenn, they've had sisters conference once every year, but it's entirely up to the mission president.
3. Actually, the only conference I've had on a Monday was a special mission conference on April 6, and it was only on a Monday because that's what day of the week April 6 was. Usually, I've had zone/mission conferences on Wednesdays or Thursdays. But I think it can be Tuesdays and Fridays too. It just depends on when they happen.
4. I think I'm doing alright. I mean, I'm not a big fan of people and so I've noticed that this transfer it's a lot easier for me to get irritated, which means it takes a lot more effort on my part to be not irritated. But it's good.
5. Occasionally. I get Hermana Capps' weekly emails, but as for the rest of my companions, who are all dead, not on a regular basis. Just every once in a while.
As for dad's question, my release date is 3 March 2016.
Also, FATHER: My iPad case cracked (it's not devastating, but now my iPad doesn't stay very well in the case all the time so I'm a little worried that it'll be more likely to get damaged if something happens.) But I can't return it to Walmart, I have to go to the manufacturer. And I have a 2 year protection plan thing so it's fine I think to wait. I just wanted your opinion too. I'm thinking I'm gonna wait until I get home to worry about it, and then replace it at home when I could go to an Apple store or something and get a better case. But anyway. That's that.
Nothing really thrilling happened this week, so nothing to report on. We're finally figuring out the logistics of being a trio (we got a bike rack for three bikes this last week so now we get to use bikes again.) I've realized I've totally under appreciated naps until my mission. I took some pictures this week (by me and by other missionaries I suppose) so I'll send those home this week and count it as my email. Sorry!
Know I love you all! And know the Gospel is true!
Love, Hermana DeBuck