Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 28: Apparently My Morning Face Looks Somewhat Murderous

5 Questions: 

1) What do you mean about iPads "finally knowing"?  I've not heard anything.  Are you going to be purchasing your iPad?  How soon do we need to have the money in your account?  Where would I have heard this news?
2) What aversion do you have to treats?  I didn't think I'd sent so much.
3) Are there any other tops/skirts we want sent?  I noticed your minty missionary skirt is in the closet in your room.  Do you want that one or the camel/tan one?
4) Did I tell you Vitaly G. was just called to your mission?  I can't remember.  He's headed to the MTC in July.
5) Any more thoughts on sending home winter gear?  I think that might be the easiest way to deal with your clothes.

Did you not get an email from the mission....? Because you should have.... I'll talk to the office missionaries and make sure that they've got the right email for you.....cause....yeah. Basically, I don't know the answers to any of the questions you asked about the iPads so hopefully that email does.

2. I guess I don't have an aversion to treats at all. haha they're fine. Last week I think I was feeling sick and didn't think about the repercussions of asking you not to send treats ever again. 

3. I would love both of those skirts. Basically, I'm realizing that the majority of my clothing is very winter/cold-weather appropriate. And what with the humidity here, I'm imagining that I will want some lighter clothing here pretty soon....but at this point I can't remember what exactly I left so I'm afraid I can't give you specifics. 

4. Yes you did. And this last week, on Tuesday, I talked to Elder B who is also from PG. I told him another one just got called to our mission, and he was pretty excited. haha

5. I guess I could send it home...what would be the best way to do that?

First off, before I forget, next week I won't email on Monday, but on Tuesday. WE'RE GOING TO THE TEMPLE!!!! So P-day will be on Tuesday. We are so excited. Once again, it is a blessed dispensation/transfer so we get to go to the Nauvoo temple. I can't even tell you how stoked I am. For everyone reading this who has a temple within three hours of their home, GO! You don't realize how much you love the temple until you're a missionary and you're only allowed to go every three transfers. Just sayin'.

Second, I'm not sure what to say about this week.
I'm still learning, every day, every week, that I am an imperfect being and I make the same mistakes over and over again. And part of the repentance process is forsaking your sins--abandoning them. But, Heavenly Father will NEVER give up on us. No matter how many times I mess up, He will always be there, ready to give me another chance. And we are SO blessed to have that opportunity, and the knowledge of that opportunity. The Atonement truly is the greatest event that has ever happened in the entire history of the world. It touches the greatest amount of people--everyone who has lived, is living, or will yet live--and lasts for the longest amount of time--forever. It is an infinite sacrifice (Alma 34:11); it applies in every single moment of every single person's life on the earth.

There is nothing we can do that will make that gift not there. It has always been available and will always be available. But, it is up to us to accept that gift and to utilize it in our lives. We have been given our agency, the ability to choose, and God will not force anything upon us--including the one thing that will bring us back to Him. It is up to us to apply the healing power of the Atonement and come unto Christ, with full purpose of heart (2 Nephi 31:13), willing to give up our sins and turn to Christ with a perfect brightness of hope (2 Nephi 31:20). And I know that is true. He wants us to come back to Him, and He will do everything in His power to bring us back--as long as we let Him. It is my hope that each of may evaluate our lives and do everything we can each day to "try a little harder to be a littler better" (President Gordon B. Hinckley).
I love the restored of Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it is the one thing that brings us thee most happiness in life, and I know God will not force it upon us. Each of us must choose to take it into our hearts and truly live it in order to receive each and every one of the promised blessings that Heavenly Father has for us.

Todo Mi Amor,
Tu Hija y Amiga,
Hermana DeBuck

No comments:

Post a Comment